Item based shipping allows you to assign shipping rates based on the amount of items in an order.
For our example, we will be charging rates using the following ranges:
- 0 to 5 items, $10;
- 5 to 10 items, $7;
- 10 to 15 items, $5;
- 15 to 20 items, $2;
- 20+ items, $0;
- Click on Shipping/Taxes and then Shipping Methods.
- Select 'Add Shipping Method'.
- Fill in your method name (eg. Australia Post Regular).
- You may also then enter in a Delivery Time, if you would like (eg. 5 - 6 Business Days).
NOTE: The Delivery Time will show for the client when they are checking out.
- Weight Limit - leave this blank, as we will not be using weights.
- Tick the GST box if tax will apply to your shipping method.
- Press the Save button. Your method will be saved and the page will reload.
- Above the method name, there is a tab called Shipping Charges. Click this to enter your rates.
- Select Australia as your location.
- Under the Items Dependencies section is where we will be adding the rates.
- For 'More than 0 items' enter the rate as $10.
- Click on the 'Add Items Dependencies' button.
- Add your items and rate into the fields Eg. More than '5' item(s) '7' Absolute.
This will mean that any orders that have more than 5 items will be charged $7.
- Continue through for the rest of the rates, until you have the following table setup:
- Once you have done so, you can then press Save down the bottom of the page to complete the setup.