This article explains how to activate, and then edit the required areas for efficient handling of Phone Ordering payments in your eShop4.0.
1. Navigate to Administration > Payment Methods.
3. In the Payment Instructions section, please edit this and enter in your details as needed. The below has been entered for you already.
4. Once you're done editing, double check your work and click Save once you're happy with it.
5. Activate the Phone Ordering payment method. Click 'Disabled' and then choose 'Active'.
Now we need to edit the email notification that people receive after placing their order, which, ideally, would also have the Phone Ordering contact number and/or email address so that if they run into any issues, they can get in contact with you.
To edit this email notification, go to Administration > Order statuses.
6. Click on the Open order status to begin editing.
7. In the E-mail header area, edit this to display a message of some sort to your customers. Only customers that pay by a method such as Phone Ordering or Direct Debit will have their orders be automatically assigned the Open order status, so tailor this message to cater for those requirements.
It's recommended to enter here the Phone Ordering information they will need again, in case they lost the information or can't pay immediately, along with some ways of getting in contact with you. You may also want to provide Direct Debit details here if you would like to provide them the option of paying by Direct Debit instead of by Phone.
8. Click Save.
9. Do a test run using a product using your own valid email address. Add it to your cart, proceed to checkout, checkout using the Phone Ordering payment method, and view the resulting Thank You page and the information presented, along with the email you should receive after placing the order. If these are both to your liking, great, if not, go back and edit by following the steps above.