To set up the 'Buy in advance' feature:
- Log in to your administration panel, open the Catalog tab and click on the Products link.
- Click on the desired product link to open its details page.
- Enter 0 into the In stock input field in the Pricing/Inventory section if you do not want to allow the customers to buy this product, otherwise enter a nonzero value.
- Select the available date in the Avail since input field (click on the Calendar image next to it) in the Availability section.
- Enable the Buy in advance check box in the Availability section.
- Click on the Save button.
After making these changes if 0 is entered into the In stock input field, on the product details page in the storefront you will see the following text: "This product can't be added to cart now. It will be available on [the date you entered at step 4]" and the Add to cart button will be hidden. Otherwise, if a nonzero value is entered, you will see: "This product will be available on [the date you entered at step 4]" and the Add to cart button will be displayed.
NOTE: If the Buy in advance option is disabled and the Avail since input field is filled out, the Add to cart button will be hidden even if this product is in stock.