This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook 2011 (for Mac/Apple computers and laptops) to receive emails from your email account.
This guide starts after any required setup of the program itself has completed.
1. Click on Outlook from the top menu.
2. Choose Preferences from the drop down list of options.
3. Click on Accounts.
4. Click on the + symbol down the bottom left of this window.
5. Choose Email Account from the drop down list of options.
6. Enter in your details.
Your outgoing mail server is the same as your Incoming server.
Override default port - Checked
Use SSL to connect (recommended) - Checked
Change the number field to the right of Outgoing server to 465.
7. Click on Add Account once you've double checked your details.
8. We recommend changing some details here to make things easier to manage.
Change this to Your Name or the Email Address the account is associated with. For example, for the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, you may want to enter in Bob or email@example.com so you can easily identify what email account you're working in.
9. Click on the More Options... button located directly below the Outgoing server details.
10. Click on the Authentication drop down menu and choose Use Incoming Server Info from the drop down list of options.
11. Click OK.