This article will show you how to edit the name and URL (link) of your category so that they remain similar to help with your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) on the eShop 4.0 system.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have links amongst your content anywhere on your website or in menus already linking to this page, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can implement a 301 redirect for you so that any links that may be broken through this process will still get the customer to the correct page.
1. Hover your mouse over 'Products'.
2. Click to select 'Categories'.
3. Click to select the name of the category you wish to edit to be taken to the editing page.
4. If you wish to change the name of the category, do so by editing the Name field as needed.
5. Once you have done this, click save. If you have already renamed your category, skip to step 6 below.
6. Click on the 'Add-ons' tab.
7. Change the SEO name as needed. The system will automatically remove bad characters, and will replace any spaces with hyphens and remove all capitalisation. So, "Example Category #1" becomes "example-category-1".
8. Click 'Save'.
If you have any questions or issues, please email email@example.com and one of our friendly Support team members will get back to you!