This guide will explain how to share a product which already exists so that it is shown in multiple storefronts instead of just in one storefront.
The benefits of doing this are:
1. First, if you're not already in All Stores up the top left corner in the top blue bar, click and choose All Stores from the drop down list of options.
2. Hover your mouse over Products in the top menu bar.
3. Choose Products from the drop down list of options.
4. From your products list, choose the product you want to share across multiple storefronts.
First, take note of the currently allocated category or categories and the storefront associated with that product.
In this example, this product is currently allocated to the category of Bikes within the Magicdust Primary Storefront. We want this product to be shared so it can be shown on both the Magicdust Primary Storefront and the Magicdust Secondary Storefront.
5. Click on Add categories.
The resulting page will display in a long list the storefronts and the respective categories that exist within that storefront.
In this example, we need to select the Bikes subcategory from within the Magicdust Secondary Storefront so that it is able to be accessed on both storefronts. The product is then accessible on both the Primary and the Secondary storefronts within the Bikes subcategory.
6. Tick the checkbox for the category or categories from within the storefront(s) you want to display this product in, in addition to the category or categories that were shown earlier.
7. Click Add categories and close.
8. Click on Save to save your changes.
Making changes to a product shared across multiple storefronts, only for a specific storefront.
Making changes to a product shared across multiple storefronts, on all storefronts at once.