Weight based shipping allows you to assign shipping rates to different values of an orders total weight.
If you have not assigned a weight to your products, you will need to do so before following this article.
For our example, we will be charging rates between 0 - 20kg, using the following ranges:
- 0 to 2kg, $5;
- 2 to 5kg, $7;
- 5 to 10kg, $10;
- 10 to 20kg, $15;
NOTE: The Delivery Time will show for the client when they are checking out.
NOTE: You may leave this blank if you do not wish to apply a weight limit to your method.
- Click on Shipping/Taxes and then Shipping Methods.
- Select 'Add Shipping Method'.
- Fill in your method name (eg. Australia Post Regular).
- You may also then enter in a Delivery Time, if you would like (eg. 5 - 6 Business Days).
- For Weight Limit, enter in a range for which you would like this method to apply to (eg. 1 - 10kg).
- Tick the GST box if tax will apply to your shipping method.
- Press the Save button. Your method will be saved and the page will reload.
- Above the method name, there is a tab called Shipping Charges. Click this to enter your rates.
- Select Australia as your location.
- Under the Weight Dependencies section is where we will be adding the rates.
- For 'More than 0kg' enter the rate as $5.
- Click on the 'Add Weight Dependencies' button.
- Add your weight and price into the fields Eg. More than '2' kg '7' Absolute.
- This will mean that anything above 2kg will be charged $7.
- Continue through for the rest of the rates, until you have the following table setup:
- Once you have done so, you can then press Save down the bottom of the page to complete the setup.